The following is a summary of my professional background including affiliations, contirbutions and memberships:
- Professor of Anesthesiology and Pain Management at Al-Azhar University Hospitals, Cairo, Egypt.
- Founder and president of the African Association for the Study of Pain AASP
- Founder and director of Avicenna Pain Relief Unit.
- Member and co-founder of the Egyptian Society for the Management of Pain.
- Member of the International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP)
- Past President of the IASP Middle-east Chapter.
- Founder and current secretary general of the First Pan-African Pain Congress.
- Secretary general of the Egyptian Society for the Management of Pain ( ESMP).
- Co-founder and examiner of the M.Sc. degree in Pain Management at the National Cancer Institute in Cairo, Egypt.
- Member of the International Pain Advisory Board and Control of Narcotics and Drug Prescription.
- Executive officer for the dissemination of the WHO program for the management of Cancer Pain.
- Founder of the of the M. Sc. degree in Pain Management at Al-Azhar University, Egypt.
- Member in the taskforce of the IASP for pain education in developing countries
- Co designer of the pain questionnaire and pain survey done by the IASP